Are you looking for a healthy and tasty snack option? If so, falafel with chickpeas and fava beans may be the perfect food for you! Falafel chickpeas are made from chickpeas that have been deep-fried until crispy and then seasoned with spices.
There are numerous Mediterranean nations where falafels are a common street snack. Typically, they are made from ground fava and chickpeas with spices and breadcrumbs added for taste and texture.
Fava beans are a type of bean that is high in fiber and has a nutty taste. Mixing falafel chickpeas and fava beans together makes for an incredibly tasty snack that is both healthy and nutritious. So if you’re in the mood for something delicious and healthy, give falafel chickpeas and fava beans a try!
Falafel Chickpeas and Fava Beans – A Match Made in Heaven
What’s better than one healthy snack option? Two, of course! Falafel chickpeas and fava beans are a match made in heaven. Falafel chickpeas are low in calories and have a hearty flavor, while fava beans are high in fiber and contain several essential nutrients your body needs.
Falafel chickpeas are also high in protein, so they provide the essential nutrients your body needs. In addition to being a healthy snack, fava beans make a great side dish or vegan entrée. So, what are you waiting for? Give falafel chickpeas and fava beans a try!
What is the difference between fava beans and chickpeas?
Fava beans, also referred to as broad beans or Vicia faba, are slightly hard yet have a creamy, nutty flavor. They are frequently used in soup and salad preparations. The most adaptable bean is probably chickpeas (garbanzo beans). Chickpeas, which have a moderate beany flavor, go well in a range of dishes, including salads and curries.
Falafel Chickpeas – A Healthy and Tasty Snack
Looking for a healthy and tasty snack option? Try falafel chickpeas! These chickpeas are made from ground chickpeas, spices, and breadcrumbs, and are then deep-fried. They’re a great source of protein, fiber, and zinc, and can be enjoyed on their own or as part of a meal. For a falafel dip, try fava beans!
These beans are high in proteins and fiber, which makes them the perfect choice for falafel dip. Not to mention, they’re also delicious as is! So, why not give these falafel chickpeas and fava beans a try this winter? You might be surprised at just how good they are!
Are Falafel Chickpeas Gluten-Free
Falafel chickpeas are gluten-free as they don’t contain any wheat flour. However, due to the frying process, there may be traces of gluten present in the final product.
If you want falafel chickpeas to be vegan and marginally healthy, then you’ll need to omit the eggs. Instead, you can use fava beans as a replacement for meat. These beans are high in protein and fiber, making them a perfect food choice for falafel chickpeas.
Falafel Chickpeas and Fava Beans Recipe
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Falafel patties (see recipe below)
For fava bean puree:
- 1 can fava beans, drained and rinsed*
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas or 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed* (*If using canned chickpeas, omit the soaking step)
- 1/4 cup tahini sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or vegan butter (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse garbanzo beans until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Add tahini sauce, lemon juice, garlic cloves, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and shape into small balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat or heat vegan butter if using. When hot enough fry falafel patties for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
Fava bean puree:
- In a food processor, pulse fava beans until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Add chickpeas or canned chickpeas and tahini sauce.
- Mix well and shape into small balls. Heat olive oil or vegan butter if using in a frying pan over medium heat or heat until hot enough fry falafel balls for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve falafel chickpeas and fava bean puree on traditional pita bread or alongside your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
Falafel chickpeas and fava beans makes for an amazing snack option! Not only are they both healthy, but they also taste great! In addition, falafel chickpeas are a great option for vegetarians and vegan-friendly people.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious and healthy snack, falafel chickpeas and fava beans are the perfect options!