Falafel keto is a keto diet-friendly falafel alternative that uses cauliflower as a replacement for the traditional chickpea batter. Cauliflower makes for a low-carb, gluten-free keto falafel recipe that’s just as tasty and filling as the original.
If you’re looking for a keto falafel recipe that’s different and delicious, try out this falafel keto recipe!
What is Falafel Keto
Falafel is one of the food items that can be easily swapped in for a keto dieter’s cauliflower alternative. Falafel keto is a low-carb, high-fat diet alternative made from ground falafel and keto-approved ingredients like avocado oil or grass-fed butter.
Falafels are a keto-friendly dish that is ideal as an entrée or as a snack on game day. Typically, eggs, raw cauliflower, cumin, garlic cloves, and spice are used to make these keto falafels. In this post, we will share the recipe without cauliflower, in case you want to try something new.
Recipe for Falafel Keto
They make a terrific low-carb appetizer or main dish and cook up crispy and tasty. Additionally, they are simple to create; all you need to do is follow the recipe! Falafels are a delicious and healthful snack that are suitable for any occasion, so prepare some today!
If you’re looking for a keto falafel recipe that’s low in carbs and gluten-free, look no further than these falafel keto balls. This recipe is from queenketo.com:
- 230g hulled lupin seeds – net weight after removing waxy skin
- 1 large egg (60g)
- 50g QK pumpkin seed tahini
- ½ tsp fine Himalayan pink salt (heaped)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp harissa spice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 40g lupin flour
- 60g hemp seed hearts
- 10g (a handful) of fresh chopped parsley
- 25g salted butter
- 15g extra virgin olive oil
- If the lupins haven’t already been hulled, remove the waxy outer peel.
- They should be mixed thoroughly in a food processor together with the egg, tahini, salt, and spices.
- Transfer the liquid to a mixing basin and stir in the hemp seed hearts, parsley, and baking powder that has been sifted.
- Form 12 equal-sized balls, flatten them slightly, and set them on a plate or tray lined with nonstick baking paper. Wearing disposable food-safe gloves, do this. Then, wrap the balls in cling film and let them sit on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Butter and oil should be heated to a medium-high setting in a medium frying pan. When the fat begins to bubble and sizzle, add the falafels and cook them for about 3 minutes on each side, or until they are caramelized.
- With a side salad or Greek yogurt and cucumber dip, this dish can be served hot or cold.
You can buy some of the ingredients on amazon.
Falafel keto is a keto-friendly falafel recipe that is low in carbs and carbs-free. Made with cauliflower as the main ingredient, this keto falafel recipe is sure to please even the most carb-averse keto dieter! With simple ingredients and easy instructions, falafel keto is perfect for a keto-friendly meal or snack. Give it a try today and see for yourself how delicious and satisfying this keto falafel recipe can be!