Falafel is a food that is made from ground chickpeas and fava beans, usually deep-fried and served on pita bread with tahini sauce or hummus. Falafel best recipe with canned chickpeas is a simple and delicious recipe that can be prepared in just 10 minutes.
All you need is canned chickpeas, spices, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Follow the recipe below to prepare the best falafel recipe with canned chickpeas. Enjoy!
The important fact about pita bread: compared to a pita, bread has a little bit more fiber and a little bit fewer carbohydrates, making it a little bit healthier. Pitas have less sodium than bread, making them a better choice for anyone following a low-salt diet.
Falafel Best Recipe With Canned Chickpeas
Falafels are a delicious Middle Eastern food that is loved all over the world. It’s a great vegan and gluten-free option and is made by combining chickpeas, flour, baking powder, and salt. In this falafel recipe with canned chickpeas, you’ll need:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- (Optional) fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish (reserve a few leaves for tahini sauce)
Falafel’s best recipe instructions Falafel’s best recipe with canned chickpeas is simple to make.
- First, mix together the chickpeas, flour, baking powder, and salt in a food processor or blender until well combined.
- Form the mixture into balls about 1 inch in size and fry in hot oil until golden brown. Enjoy with tahini sauce or hummus!
Tips for falafel best recipe with canned chickpeas
- To make the falafel balls even more delicate and fluffy, mix together 1/4 cup of water with the all-purpose flour before frying. This will help to prevent them from becoming dense or heavy.
- If you’re not a fan of tahini sauce or hummus, feel free to prepare your own sauce by mixing parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, and pepper into vegan yogurt or vegan sour cream.
- The falafel best recipe is best served fresh, but you can also fry them and eat them cold.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze Falafel before serving them?
Yes, you can freeze the falafel before serving them. Just make sure to put them in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to three months.
Can I use falafel as a vegan substitute for hamburger patties?
Falafel can definitely be substituted for hamburger patties. Just mix chickpeas with spices, flour, and baking powder to create balls about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter. Fry these balls in oil or shortening until golden brown. Serve them up with your favorite vegan toppings!
Is there a way to prepare Falafel that’s even better than the recipe that is provided?
There is no one falafel recipe that is the best, as each person has their own favorite way of preparing them. So be creative and experiment with different ingredients to come up with your own recipe that is even better than the one that is provided.
Some great ideas for improving falafel include adding diced bell peppers, pineapple, or even Brussels sprouts. Additionally, baking them will give them a crispy outer layer.
Can I fry falafel without oil?
Yes, you can fry falafel without using any oil. Just mix together 1/4 cup of water with the all-purpose flour before frying. This will help to prevent them from becoming dense or heavy.
How can I get falafel to fry evenly?
To get falafel to fry evenly, make sure that you mix the chickpeas and spices together before frying. Just add enough flour until the mixture is thick and smooth.
What are some vegan toppings for Falafel?
Some great vegan toppings for falafel include tahini sauce, hummus, salsa, or fresh greens such as lettuce or spinach.
Falafel’s best falafel recipe with canned chickpeas is a simple and delicious recipe that can be made quickly and easily. The ingredients are simple and can be found at any grocery store, while the recipe is easy to follow and yields great falafel balls. So, next time you’re in the mood for falafel, make this recipe and enjoy a delicious, healthy snack. Thank you for reading!