Falafel is one of the most popular Middle Eastern food recipes that you can find in most Indian restaurants. But falafel is also a quick and easy recipe that you can make at home in just a few minutes. In this blog post, we will teach you how to make falafel in an air fryer and an oven—two of the best ways to cook falafel. Let’s start with the air fryer method first.
Air frying is a quick and healthy way to cook food, and falafel is no exception. All you have to do is coat your falafel balls in chickpea flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice, and then fry them in hot oil until golden brown. Once they’re golden brown, take them out and enjoy!
The Best Way to Make Falafel
Falafels are a delicious food that is loved all around the world. It can be made in many different ways, but the air fryer and oven are the best methods for achieving the desired results. Air frying results in a crispy falafel while baking makes them softer and more cake-like.
The oven is a fast and easy way to make falafel—just preheat it to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before frying or baking your patties. mix up your toppings each time you make falafel—different dips, sauces, and salads are always delicious!
How to Make Falafel in an Air Fryer
Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern food that is loved for its crispy exterior and fluffy interior. It can be made in a variety of ways, but air-frying is one of the best options for fast and easy results.
An air fryer is a better alternative to deep-frying food and may be a creative method to cook a variety of healthy things, including eggs, broccoli, yams, tofu, and falafels in addition to meats and potatoes. Using an air fryer instead of a deep fryer can cut down on calories, fat, and potentially toxic substances in your food.
Air frying is a great way to save time, as falafel is cooked quickly and evenly in the air fryer. All you need is quality ingredients and a little bit of mixing and frying skill, and you’re good to go!
Here are four tips that will ensure perfect falafel every time: use quality ingredients, mix the batter well, fry in small batches, and fry until golden brown. Falafel is also perfectly served with tzatziki sauce or Arabic yogurt salad for an authentic taste that will wow your guests!
Ingredients: Falafel is a popular food that can be made with a variety of different ingredients. Chickpea flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice are all necessary for the patties to hold together and fry smoothly. You can also add other spices such as cumin or coriander to give your falafel its unique flavor.
- In a large bowl mix together chickpea flour blend (all-purpose flour), baking powder (salt), pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice until fully combined. The falafel mixture will be thick and a bit difficult to mix.
- Use a spoon or your hands to mix patties evenly until they are about 1/4 inch thick. Falafel can be shaped into balls, but it is easier to fry them in small batches so that they don’t stick together.
- Heat the air fryer to 350–375°F (176–190°C) before frying the falafel patties. Air fryer temperatures vary, so use your own judgment as to when falafel are done cooking – typically they will take around 8-10 minutes per batch depending on their size.
- Carefully slide falafel patties out of the air fryer onto a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture if desired. Falafel can be served warm or at room temperature.
Tzatziki sauce, or Arabic yogurt salad, is a perfect way to top off falafel patties. Serve tzatziki sauce on the side and let guests customize their falafel patties with different toppings such as avocado, cucumber, red onion, parsley, lemon juice, and salt.
How to Make Falafel in the Oven
Falafel is best when they are golden brown, fluffy, and has a close to spherical shape. Falafel is made from chickpea flour, baking powder, and salt. Falafel can be fried in oil or baked in the oven.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c chickpea flour
- 1 t baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying (sunflower or canola)
- Preheat oven to to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, sauté onions and garlic in oil until translucent. Add chickpea flour mixture and baking powder, stirring occasionally to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the falafel mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, making sure they are close to being spherical shapes (you may need help from your hands).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool briefly before serving with desired dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Falafel is one of the most popular vegan food items out there and for good reason. It’s delicious, easy to make, and can be customized to your liking. In this blog post, we will share the best way to make falafel using an air fryer and oven. So, whether you’re looking for a quick and easy vegan meal or want to impress your friends with your falafel skills, this guide is for you!