Falafel is a food that is made from ground chickpeas and bread crumbs. Falafel is a healthy food because it is high in fiber and contains low calories. Falafel can help you lose weight because it is a healthy food that is rich in proteins, minerals, and vitamins.
Falafel is a healthy food that you can eat as a snack or as a meal. You can make falafel at home using any recipe. This blog post is about the best falafel healthy recipe for weight loss. You can make falafel at home using this recipe. This falafel recipe is easy to make and it makes delicious falafel.
Falafel Healthy Recipe
Falafel is a healthy and delicious snack that’s perfect for weight loss. This recipe offers the best falafel texture and flavor, so you’ll love it! It takes only 10 minutes to make, so it’s a great option if you’re short on time. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, so it’s an easy meal to prepare ahead of time too! If you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying snack that will help you lose weight, falafel is the perfect recipe for you!
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini paste (or other vegan seed butter)more if needed*
- oil for frying a sauce of your choice (homemade tzatziki sauce is a great option): olive oil, lemon juice, chopped cucumber*, chopped tomatoes*, dried herbs such as sumac or cilantro *optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix chickpea flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper together until well combined.
- In another bowl or food processor, blend onion and garlic together until they are finely chopped but not pureed- this will take about 5 minutes on high speed depending on your machine’s power.* If you need to add more tahini paste at this point, do so gradually while blending the mixture by stirring it in with a spoon.
- Add chickpea mixture to the onion mixture and mix until everything is evenly combined- the falafel should be slightly sticky at this point.
- Place tablespoon-sized balls of falafel on a prepared baking sheet, making sure they are spaced evenly apart (you can use your hands to help form them into balls). Be careful not to overfill the baking sheet as these will quickly fry up and become hard.(If you do end up with too many Falafel balls, store them in an airtight container for later- either in the fridge or freezer).
- In a large frying pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add falafel balls and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. (Don’t overcrowd the frying pan- you’ll end up with soggy falafel!) Serve falafel warm, drizzled with a sauce of your choice (tzatziki is a great option), if desired. Enjoy!
- Be sure to use the chickpea flour in this recipe, which is made from ground chickpeas. You can find it at most grocery stores or online.
- If you don’t have dried herbs on hand, feel free to omit them. Fresh herbs will also work in this recipe.
- To make the tahini sauce, mix tahini paste with lemon juice and water to desired consistency. -You can also omit the frying pan and serve falafel balls straight from the baking sheet- just be sure to keep them warm on a tray or in an oven-safe dish.
- Serving size: 1 falafel ball
- Amount per serving: Calories: 131,
- Fat: 6 g, Saturated fat 2.5 g,
- Sodium: 474 mg,
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
This sugar snap peas and chickpea flour balls recipe is a healthy falafel recipe that’s vegan and gluten-free!
The falafel mixture is made with chickpea flour and sugar snap peas for a delicate flavor profile. The balls are formed using your hands before frying up golden brown in oil- making them perfect for appetizers or main course dishes.
Benefits of Falafel
Falafels are a healthy food option that can be enjoyed regardless of your diet or activity level. Falafel is made from ground chickpeas and herbs, making them low in calories and high in fiber, which means they will keep you fuller for longer.
Falafel also contains significant amounts of antioxidants – Vitamins A, C, and E – which support overall health. falafel can be enjoyed as an appetizer, snack, or main course. They make a great vegan and gluten-free option for any meal!
Falafel is a healthy food that can help you lose weight. The falafel recipe featured in this blog is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy falafel, and it’s also a great way to increase your intake of healthy fats and protein.
The best falafel recipe for weight loss is easy to make, and it can be enjoyed as a snack, appetizer, or main course. So what are you waiting for? Make this healthy falafel recipe and start losing weight today!